Transition from 6th Grade to 7th Grade
To help ease you and your student's transition from 6th grade to 7th grade, Hudson Park Elementary and Rainier Jr./Sr. High School offer the following:
- There is a 6/7 Transition Team comprised of 6th grade and junior high staff who meet on a regular basis to discuss transition.
- The 6th graders attend a special lunch at the end of the year before they move to 7th grade.
- The junior high School Counselor will meet with the 6th grade classes to discuss electives and other issues and answers any questions the 6th graders may have.
- There is a Parent Night for 6th grade students before the Wax Museum opening where staff will answer parent questions about transition.
- On the first day of school, new 7th graders, along with new 9th graders and any other new students, will meet with their Columbian Crew Leader who will lead them on a tour of the campus and answer their questions. They will participate in small and large group activities, have lunch, and attend a mini-schedule of their classes. They can also pick up books and lockers if they haven't done so.
- Junior high or middle school teachers are specially trained in dealing with this age group. You should feel free to contact teachers, the junior high school counselor, or administrators if you have questions or concerns.