Welcome to the Technology Department
Through the use of technology, learning can take place anywhere and at any time in a school setting, the public library or at home. This vision has major implications on how, when and where learning takes place. Students will increasingly take more responsibility for their own education, with the instructional staff guiding their inquiries and reflecting on their process. Technology is not an end or add on, but provides an environment that facilitates teaching and life-long learning.
Our vision for the community of learners is to increase their achievement and develop life-long learning skills through active engagement with informational and technology resources.
Need web site information? Have a technical question?
Larry Cook, Technology Director
(503) 556-3777 x.266
Web site tutorials:
Drupal for Teachers(pdf) - a basic guide to using Drupal, designed for teachers.
- How to add an image to your page
- Two ways to add files to your page
- How to Open & Safetly remove a USB Storage Device
- How to Open a Shared Calendar - Outlook Webmail
- How to Create Email Rules - Outlook Webmail
- How to Turn on Out of Office - Outlook Webmail
- How to Turn on Out of Office - Outlook 2007
Tools for Teaching Online
- Moodle - Learning management system for content delivery, student assessment, student <==> teacher communication.
- Jing - Screen capture and video demonstration recording software for creating short teaching videos and presentations (videocasting)
- Google Sites - Shared web publishing and content management system for content delivery, student interaction and publication.
- Picasa image editing and Picasa Web gallery - Image editing and hosting tools
- Youtube - Video publishing for instructional content
- Audacity - Podcast recording and editing
- iTunes - Podcast and videocast publishing
- Google Voice & Video Chat - VOIP phone and video service
- Blogger.com - Classroom publishing for teachers and students
- Google forms - formative assessments and data collection
Technology General Info:
What about email spam
Office 2007 tips
Connecting your laptop & projector
How to Change computer login password
How to access eSIS @ home use the following link.