Current plan for Rainier High School graduation, June 2020. Plans are subject to change depending on direction from ODE and Governor Brown.
Rainier Junior Senior High School Graduation Ceremony 2020
June 6, 2020 8:20pm
- Ceremony will be streamed to 10 classrooms and on line (YouTube) for parents and family. Movie drive-in style for families parked in cars in student parking lot. Big screen on hill out front (graduation streamed on screen) (families stay in car). Seniors will receive 2 tickets to admit 2 cars to be present on campus (social distancing will be enforced.) Community and extended family will watch via YouTube from home.
- Students will be in assigned groups of 8-9, staged with distance proximity in classrooms. (groupings not to exceed 10 people, including teacher)
- Teacher assigned to each classroom
- Opening ceremony will be delivered in a separate location and streamed for all to see.
- Diploma cover will be delivered by board member and administration, (graduation picture will be taken at this time)
- Each group will receive their diploma independently from the other groups, but will be visible by streaming. Tassel turning individually done when diploma cover is received.
- Students will return to their original classroom for viewing of the next group.
- Classrooms will be excused by teacher in rotation; students will exit outside to join families in their car.
- Car parade of students through downtown Rainier.
We are celebrating our graduates each week as we add to our "Friday Night Lights." Last Friday night, seniors' names from NCA and RJSHS were read over the stadium PA. This week, senior names will be displayed on our reader board in front of the school. Next week, look for custom yard signs for each of our graduates.